2024年7月30日星期二

My top income play for 10.5% MONTHLY dividends

Investing Daily

Prioritize Your Cash Flow for Maximum Retirement Savings

Unsubscribe

From Our Partners

 

My top income play for 10.5% MONTHLY dividends

One of my top buy-and-hold income plays for this volatile market is the brainchild of one of the smartest investment minds on the planet. It dishes an incredible 10.5% yield paid like clockwork every single month! And my research suggests that it's poised for big price gains in the months ahead no matter which way the broader market swings. Learn more about our exclusive '8%+ Monthly Payer Portfolio' RIGHT HERE.

Prioritize Your Cash Flow for Maximum Retirement Savings

By Robert Rapier

 

Last week a member of one of my Facebook groups posed this scenario:

"I'm about to increase my salary by $40k (putting me over $200k annually) and unsure of how I should allocate it. My house is currently 41% of my net (selling it is not an option) and my car debt is minor. I have approximately $16k on credit cards, student loans of $20k, and a 401(k) loan. I'm slowly rebuilding my emergency fund, but no other savings beyond my employer match in my 401(k). I'm 43 and have been telling myself that I'll be retired by 50, but it's not looking so hot."

Handling Debt

This person is facing one of the challenges inherent in building wealth: Where to allocate your money. I dealt with this kind of scenario in A Dozen Steps for Building Long-Term Wealth. On the topic of debt, I wrote:
"Minimize high-interest debt, such as credit card debt, as it can hinder wealth-building efforts. Prioritize debt repayment, starting with high-interest debts, while ensuring you're making regular payments on other debts."
As I have said many times, the long-term average annual return of the S&P 500 is around 10%. It doesn't make sense to put money away in investments if you have debt with interest rates exceeding this. Plus, you are paying this debt with after-tax dollars, so you should probably prioritize paying down any debt with interest rates exceeding 8% before allocating money to the stock market.
In this person's situation, there is one exception. You should always take advantage of an employer's match in a 401(k), because in nearly all circumstances it will be an immediate return well beyond 10%. Often, it will be a one-time return of 50% or 100% of the money you put away, up to a limit.
With that said, here is how I would advise this person.

Specific Advice

First, focus on rebuilding the emergency fund until it can cover 3-6 months of living expenses. This fund provides a crucial safety net for unexpected expenses or job loss, ensuring peace of mind and financial stability. Prioritizing this step will help you handle emergencies without relying on high-interest debt.

At the same time, prioritize paying off high-interest debt, particularly the $16,000 in credit card debt. Focus on paying off the highest interest rate debt first. This approach will rapidly reduce the amount of interest you pay, freeing up more money to pay down the debt. 

Read More...

Alarm Clock and Coffee

$1,692.50 in 10 minutes? Every Thursday morning?

Imagine earning a $1,692.50 payout in less time than it takes to brew a pot of coffee. Now imagine doing that every single Thursday… doesn't sound too bad, right? Well, for one select group of investors, that massive income potential isn't imaginary… it's simply a part of their weekly routine. And now it could be part of yours. Discover how to turn every Thursday into "Payday."

You are receiving this email at its028@gmail.com  as part of your subscription to Investing Daily. To ensure delivery directly to your inbox, please add postoffice@investingdaily.com to your address book today.

©2024  Investing Daily

20 Pidgeon Hill Drive, Suite 202, Sterling, VA 20165

All rights reserved. Any reproduction, copying, or redistribution, in whole or in part, is prohibited.

没有评论:

发表评论